WANTED: A time traveller from the distant future with unmatched skills in technomancy.
As our guide to the future of tech you must have a strong technical background and have a burning desire to be first to know EVERYTHING about the latest developments in hardware, software and consumer tech trends; and how these relate and combine to create the cutting edge world of tomorrow’s consumer tech.
As our Technology guru, you will need to be comfortable sourcing, developing, maintaining and upgrading complex infrastructure systems as well as helping to source and being responsible for implementing new tech platforms and products.
You need to have working knowledge in scripting, hardware maintenance and infrastructure management in order to score big time in your application.
It goes without saying that your organization and communication skills have to be great, your processes need to be reliable and scalable and your technological sense of smell needs to be epic.
We are looking for a true team player with clear vision but no ego and someone who is open to receive constant feedback; turning it into better and more flexible outputs.
In this role you’ll work with a team of highly talented Infrastructure, Design and Marketing people (all very good eggs). If you feel ready to join a great company with a global footprint and a start-up feel, we’d love to learn what makes you Unruly!
Benefits: Private health care plan, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan. There are monthly bowling nights, weekly deliveries of pastries, beer, and fruit… occasional poker nights and an annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
● Work in collaboration with the Futurist on the Future Video Lab tech systems and the Unruly IT team to make sure it integrates seamlessly with Unruly initiatives.
● Research, test and implement impressive and relevant new technologies as well as search new ways to combine existing technologies in the Unruly offices.
● Work with the team to deliver a client experience that exceeds their expectations and leaves them feeling Enlightened, Amazed and Entertained.
● Offering technical expertise and support to the Futurist when managing relationships with new and exciting innovators who are shaping the future of brand tech
● Support the creation of efficient, robust and scalable processes and systems for Unruly FVL and other projects in both local offices and industry events.
● Deliver ‘Plan B Support’ knowledge sharing and training with the Infrastructure Team so technical questions and problems can be resolved throughout the team.
About the Role: Key Relationships
● Infrastructure Team
● Design Team
● Marketing Team
● Sales Team
About the Role: Key Requirements
● Project Infrastructure: full knowledge of all connectivity within the London Tech space and keeping a black book of contacts to contact in the event that any of these might break down, or need to be modified.
● Installation of Products: Receive tech products which will be featured within our Project and 'plug them in' to the network so that they can perform their function. This might be a stand alone product or connected to a wider platform.
● Creating Tech Solutions: Certain aspects of the project might not be simply 'out of the box' solutions. The Tech Lead will be able to write code or create a connective solution. The Tech Lead will be able to build such a solution, if necessary, by bringing several separate components together to create a single solution. This may require them doing research, contacting and talking to providers who can help towards such a solution.
● Product Testing: Able to test certain products, such as VR Headsets or AR enabled Tablets and familiarise themselves with their functionality, assisting the Futurist and suggesting exciting and relevant ways to demonstrate these products and their softwares.
● Product Updates and App Installations: loading new apps and experiences onto products.
● Product Guideline Specifications: Some products have specific manufacturer guidelines which must be adhered to in our projects. The Tech Lead will study these guidelines and learn how to demonstrate the product accordingly, then help the Futurist to train other Unrulies on how to use them. This may require their producing clear written instructions to share with the teams.
● Presentation Creation: The Tech Lead needs to design a voice activated, possibly Alexa based system, which can switch between a variety of video clips.
● Product Keeper and Guardian: Responsible for the security and safe keeping, receipt, delivery and collection of the products for the project, keeping a listed itinerary of all items that we hold.
● Compatibility: Assist the Futurist in terms of ongoing choices of future tech which may be under consideration to be featured within the project, advising on their suitability and compatibility with the existing experience.
● Purchasing, Receipt and Delivery of Items: Assist in the purchase of tech and products for projects, making and receiving orders, and implementing those items into the projects, feeding back to the Futurist on the progress with each stage.
● Maintenance: Make regular, at least weekly checks of the products in the projects, to ensure that they are all functioning correctly.
● Keep it Fresh!: Able to keep up to date with the latest developments in world of IoT and connected/ smart products and suggest to the Futurist ways in which we can keep the project experience as current and leading edge as possible. This may include suggesting new products and new ways to connect products in our projects.
About You: Experience
You must have:
● Demonstrated superb experience developing:
○ Infrastructure systems that are efficient and flexible
○ New applications and integration between current and experimental technologies
● Demonstrate Experience with
○ Internet of things
○ AI, self-driving, drones, connected gadgets
○ Data visualisation.
● Demonstrate understanding of:
○ Internet and web technologies
○ Version control.
○ UX principles
About You: Skills
You must be:
● Able to create unforgettable experiences that will integrate tech and Unruly storytelling
● Visionary sense that will identify emergent trends and how they will be applied in medium to long term.
● An excellent communicator with good attention to detail, able to communicate effectively both in person and in writing
● Able to approach systematically diagnosing unfamiliar technical issues
● Ability to translate complex technical ideas into intuitive experiences
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
● Flexible - able to embrace change and adapt to changing requirements and priorities
● A team player - able to buy ideas as your own and deliver a WOW result
● Technically Agnostic - not attached to any specific platforms or brands, able to evaluate new ideas based on merit.
● Passionate - interested in the latest technologies and trends
● Confident - able to clearly express your ideas in discussions
● Sociable - You must know a couple of good jokes
About You: Education & Qualifications
● Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We'd love it if you:
● Are already plugged into the UK IoT community
● Have previous knowledge of real-estate digital media
● Are a dab hand with a soldering iron
● Experience setting up / maintaining servers
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to email@example.com.